"Intro to Yoga Therapy" will help you deepen and leverage the mind/body connection for health, healing and happiness – both personally and professionally.
In this engaging 2-hour workshop facilitated by Alex Bauermeister, you will:
- Learn what sets yoga therapy apart as a therapeutic approach to anxiety, depression, stress, chronic pain, grief, trauma and other life challenges.
- Sample yoga-inspired movement, personal reflection and interpersonal connection in the tradition of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy.
- Gain experience of what it’s like to engage your body, heart and mind simultaneously for profound personal insight.
- Observe a demo of what it looks like to facilitate one-on-one yoga therapy sessions.
- Engage in thoughtful discussion and learn about resources for continued education.
Alex Bauermeister is a mindfulness and personal growth junkie who loves sharing accessible approaches to yoga and yoga therapy with students, clients and colleagues. Trained as a Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapist, she offers public yoga classes, personal growth workshops and one-on-one yoga therapy in Roslindale and Jamaica Plain. Learn more about Alex’s work through her website: www.intrayogatherapy.com
This workshop counts as continuing education credit for yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance.